Cat

Cat
Me!

Friday 2 November 2012

Trough Off


Your Cat has once again been informed of devastating news from the soothsayers; there are some weeks where the tide of tidings is simply relentless. I really need a break from all this: I think I'm going to have to take a sabbatical, and devote myself to rodent research, aided by copious supplies of catnip...

The latest delight to drip from the earnest and sincerely concerned chops of the soothsayers concerns the banishment of a Redistributionist politico answering to the name of Denisc the Shameless, who's by no means been a stranger to past controversies. This latest development concerns Denisc's passion and undoubted talent for creative moneymaking. Not - I might hasten to add - through the sweat of his brow in the drudgery of honest toil, but rather in a long-running series of highly inventive expense claims which would do credit to the most imaginative storyteller to binge on the sacred fungus. Among the crimes for which he's had to answer has been a series of claims for a residence during his times in exile from the comforts of his home while on Witangemot business. This is of course quite legitimate in itself, but the unfolding of the reality behind the claim has disclosed quite a different narrative.

I went to investigate the property for which Denisc had submitted his considerable demand. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the residence used to support his submission for expenses was neither a house, palace nor hovel. I found a resident there however, and I engaged in some pleasant conversation with him. He's quite an affable fellow, and certainly bright and articulate, and our chat covered all kinds of subjects of common interest. Sadly though, my nose eventually prompted me to remove myself, and his eating habits certainly left a great deal to be desired. A pigsty is no place for a Cat

Denisc is welcome to it, though..


No comments:

Post a Comment